Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I can't let it go...

Reeling from my recent post on Limedrop's Autumn/Winter collection, I asked Thea from Blonde Venus (the Outpost's sister store) why they decided to limit themselves to Limedrop jewellry. She said that the clothing wasn't 'quite what they were looking for', and fair enough - if it wasn't for the specific vision of storeowners like Matt and Thea we'd all be shopping at Universal. But these new snaps of Limedrop's Spring/Summer 09-10 'Places I've Never Been' reminds me very much the liquid, floaty, washed-out, tailored but sometimes slouchy look similar to that of the Arnsdorf, Lover and Karen Walker labels found at Blonde Venus. The dress on the bottom left even looks a bit like the Carly Hunter 'Mountains Dress' I bought from the Outpost and wrote about last year. Nevertheless, 'Places I've Never Been' is bound to make an impression once those of us still thawing our hands in the fire clad in tartan dinner jackets and cable-knit pants see the first signs of spring. But right now I'm freezing!



No comments: