Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hugh Jackman is not the sexiest man alive.

I watched 2001: Space Odyssey on Sunday night as part of Kubric Week on SBS. There is something so eerie about Space Odyssey that makes me feel uncomfortable every time I watch it. Every night since I've expected to awake suddenly, dying in my bed, a monolith towering over me, howling at me and turning me into a massive foetus the size of earth. Of course, it doesn't help that that my Dad (bless him) named our computer server after the HAL 9000 Computer. Now every time my computer slows down a little bit I worry that it's going to start singing 'Daisy' to me.

Christ, I haven't even seen the Shining yet!

I also saw Baby Mama last week. It was hilarious. I think I have a little tiny girl crush on Tina Fey. She's a genius, even more so since those Sarah Palin spoofs.

I'm going down to Sydney in February and I'm looking forward to checking out the works at the Art Gallery of New South Wales by artists depicting the Shining Prince in Japan's oldest novel 'The Tale of Genji'.


Also at the Gallery in February is 'Half Light: Portraits from Black Australia'. It will be refreshing to see some contemporary photography by Indigenous Australian artists.

Model speeders, droids and Chewbaccas in glass cases is also likely to be a laugh at the Star Wars Exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney. Yay!



I'm sitting here listening to stupid Australian actors making an attempt at creating drama in the background and their whining is starting to get on my nerves, so I'm going to head to bed. But before I go I would like to say something about these sweet little docs - that they're cool az!

No comments: