Thursday, November 20, 2008

Magazines

It's only last night since I did my last post, but I'm going through a glorious period of nothing to do at work-ness and I've been doing some browsing that has gotten me a little bit excited.

Bored on my lunch break, I wandered down to the News Agent's on George Street to look for a magazine of the interesting (not 'how to suck your boyfriend's cock properly') variety. Yen and Frankie are increasingly similar these days and I also find them both a tad tedious. I bought the latest issue of Oyster the other week and enjoyed it, but the intellectual stimulation gained from reading it is unsurprisingly low. Adamant, I wandered further and, to my delight, came across a pile of Monster Children back issues in the Entertainment section. Last time I was in Sydney we trekked our way up and around Oxford Street in the summer heat to visit the Monster Children Art Gallery only to find it closed. After a quick flick through, it's obvious that the Monster Children guys like art that incorporates boobs, but from what I saw overall I was pretty impressed.

Back at work I discovered a heap of cool mags online, including Amelia's Magazine from (yep, you guessed it) Amelia's apartment in London's Brick Lane, and Dumbo Feather Pass it On, which has on its website a funky little Ecard service.





A subscription to any of these cute little productions would make a fabulous Christmas gift (hint).

1 comment:

Just another girl. said...

Oh Robin,
I love it when you write!